Dr. Yang is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Technology, as well as the Institute for Network Sciences and Cyberspace at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. He got his Master degree and Ph.D. both in the Department of Computer Science at Tsinghua University in 1992 and 2003 respectively. Prof. Yang was the director of the Network Operation Center (NOC) of CERNET (China Education and Research Network) from 1994 to 1999. Prof. Yang was a visiting professor in George Mason University, USA and a Member of Technical Staff (MTS) in the Networking Department of Bell Lab, Lucent Technologies, Murray Hill, NJ, USA in 1999 and Jun. 2000 (to June 2001), respectively. He has been the head of the Division of Network Operation and Management Technology, Institute for Network Sciences and Cyberspace, Tsinghua University, since 2004.
Prof. Yang undertook and finished more than 30 all kinds of projects, including projects from the National High-Tech Research and Development Plan of China (863), the National Basic Research Program of China (973), the National Science and Technology Supporting Plan of China, and the National Natural Science Foundation of China, et al. He has co-authored more than 200 technical research papers, and three (3) books: “The Principle and Technologies of Network Management”(2000),“The Theory and Applications of Internet Measurement”(2009), and “Cybersecurity: Detection and Prevention of DDoS Attacks”(2017).
Prof. Yang achieved a lot of Professional awards, including awards of the Advancement of Science and Technology by the Ministry of Education, awards of the National Advancement of Science and Technology, and the special Prize of Advancement of Science and Technology by Ministry of Electronics, et al.
Prof. Yang is a member of IEEE, a senior member of CCF (China Computer Federation), a vice director of the Open and Distributed Computing Committee of CCF, a member of council of Beijing Computer Federation.
Dr. Yang's research interests include internetworking and routing; network management; Internet measurement; network security and cybersecurity situational-awareness; resource management and scheduling in cloud data centers; online social networks.
• Network Measurement & Analysis(Autumn, 2008; Autumn，2009; Autumn, 2010; Autumn, 2011; Autumn, 2012; Autumn, 2013; Autumn, 2014; Autumn, 2015; Autumn, 2016; Autumn, 2017)
• Computer Network(Spring, 1995，1996，1997)
• Internet Measurement & Security Study (from Spring, 2018)
Serving the Community
Dr. Yang have been serving as editorial board member of International Journal of Network Management（IJNM）since 2012，and editorial board member of IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management（TNSM）since 2014. He was also the TPC member of several well-known international conferences. Some of them are:
IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium（NOMS） 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016;
IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management（IM）2011, 2013, 2015, 2017;
Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS)，2008-2017;
International Conference on Passive and Active Measurement, 2013;
IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (IEEE NetSoft 2016), 2016, 2017;
IEEE BDCloud 2015, 2016;
IEEE CSCloud 2015, 2016;
IEEE BigDataSecurity 2015, 2016.
Click here for Publications
Approved and Pending patents
Click here for Patents
Achievements and Awards
1) Innovation Award of Science and Technology by the Chinese Institute of Electronics, First Prize—Formal Methods based Key Technologies for Internet Protocols Testing and Their Applications (2016)
2) Science and Technology Progress Award by Ministry of Education, First Prize—Demonstration Project of China Next Generation Internet (CNGI): Core Network CNGI-CERNET2/6IX (2007);
3) Science and Technology Progress Award by City of Shanghai, First Prize—3TNET: Research on Key Technologies of High Performance Network (2007).
4) Science and Technology Progress Award by Ministry of Education, First Prize—Research on Computer Information Networking and its Key Application Technologies (2001);
5) National Science and Technology Progress Award, Second Prize—China Education and Research Network (CERNET) Project (1997);
6) National Science and Technology Progress Award, 3rd Prize -- the BECOTS project (1997);
7) Science and Technology Progress Award by State Education Committee, first class - the CERNET project, 1996.
Yes! I am looking for students who would like to work in computer networking and cybersecurity areas. I am recently looking for people to work in cybersecurity situational-awareness and Resource management & Scheduling in cloud computing. If interested, please contact me with your resume.
Since July, 20th, 2017